Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Thanksgiving for me this year was a bit different as seeing it was the first holiday my boyfriend and I spent completely alone. Our families were busy during other things out of town and all of our roommates went back to their families. So we cooked a Thanksgiving meal for two, sat on the couch, watched football all day then napped. I can say it was the best holiday ever and he is what I am thankful for (including my family and friends also) but it is amazing when you start to see someone else become your family! What can I say? I'm still head over heels in love with him.


We hit up some Black Friday sales and scored the boyfriend his Christmas gifts. One he got to keep and the other went under our tree!
we put up a small (perfect sized) Christmas tree for our room! At 3 feet with tiny decorations and lots of glitter it is perfect! Also it is fiber-optic which is too cool



We also put up Christmas lights around the headboard--thanks Pinterest!

Lastly we got to spend some time with my parents as they made it in town later in the weekend. I love quality time with the family plus puppy snuggles!!


Well the busy first holiday is over and I can say I'm soo ready for Christmas and December 6th (done with this semester!! ) plus I just love the holiday season. Everything is magical. Sorry for being so MIA lately just getting my fair share of some family time before I buckle down for finals and barely have time to breath!

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

- The Plaid Princess











3 comments:

  1. What a perfect break! Your puppy is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just FYI I totally forgot to tell you that I'm the one who emailed you about the Lilly cooler giveaway! Again so sorry I was soo late emailing! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and thank you again for the giveaway! :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the idea of lights on the headboard! So creative. And I absolutely adore your tree! My husband and I have a small white tree as well since we will not be at our actual apartment much. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete