Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Me" time

With finals here, at times I found myself needing some down time to calm and breath. Here are some ways I find myself in all the craziness.

1. Doing my nails. Nothing is more calming than taking some down time to do my nails. I have recently got on a polish kick and honestly I don't remember what my nails actually look like. My personal fav brand is Essie and I'm an all neutral kind of girl. I recently branched out to gray/metallic. Yes I like it put the light pink nude is an addiction and I can't help it.
Nair Therapy


2. Is hair I love playing around with my hair and finding new styles. I love trying out new shampoos and products on my hair. Currently I love my length, I just love making it super soft and shine!
check out my intagram- along10 if you want a look at my hair and clothes. I'm still super new and have to remind myself to take pictures and put on here, but I'm getting better!

3. Reading-it's my escape. I could read a good book any day. If I could be a professional reader I would... Maybe I need to come up with this job? I love the classics, the past intrigues me greatly, I love the mannerisms and vernacular. It is so different from how we live today and I could see myself in a past decade... wait maybe if I could bring my iPhone then I could make it. And I feel like every girl loves a good love story, we can't help it.


4. Pandora- my love. Kidding, but not really. I love listening to music, it's so calming and I love being able to control what I want to listen to. And yes I do have my own mini concerts when I'm alone, it's something I'll never grow out of. I have a very wide style of music I enjoy, it really depends on my mood. I can go from today hits to 1990 classic hits to ole Frank. I personally keep Pandora on Mumford and Sons or 1990's. Every now and then I still get my "Call Me Maybe" fix. Can't help it! (here is what I'm currently listening to)

 5. A good movie or Netflix marathon.  Now add good show plus my bed is something I love. I'm a lazy girl so getting down time to watch a good movie is always cherished. I'm the type of person who gets emotionally invested in shows. The characters become friends of mine. Just me? Probably. I love a good chick when it comes to movies. I mean I want to laugh, to cry, to actually feel the movie, but when it comes to TV I can branch out at times. Like Sons of Anarchy sure I might hide my face for 85% of the show but you can't pass up on something you and your significant other. 


 How do you like to spend down time to pamper yourself? I'd love to hear!

-The Plaid Princess

4 comments:

  1. I love Pandora. It saved me on my long drive to and from work every morning earlier this year. When I straightened my hair I would play with it all the time, but now that it has become even curlier there are fewer and fewer ways to style it! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sitting down to watch a show or read a book..I just wish I had more time to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Thanks for following my blog! I love yours! And I totally agree with you about giving yourself a manicure! It's so calming and relaxing. If you are using a lot of darker colors, you should totally check out Nail Tek Foundation II. It's my new favorite thing. It strengthens my nails so well and when I remove the polish to change colors, it doesn't leave any discoloring behind form the color!

    P.S. Nicholas Sparks' "The Wedding" A-Mazing! Check that out too!

    ReplyDelete