Saturday, March 9, 2013

Just a girl who loves books

Happy Saturday morning! We made it, the weekend is finally here.

As you can tell from the title... I'm talking about me. I absolutely adore reading books, my all time favorite book would have to be Pride and Prejudice and my current favorite would have to be Perks of Being A Wallflower. Even though I have read these two countless times, I still love them. But now I have found myself in a rut when it comes to finding a new book.
After finding some list of "books to read in your 20s" here are some suggested books I have found but, yet to read so please if you have any input on these books let me know!

- The Something Borrowed/Something Blue Series by Emily Giffin
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- The Marriage Plot by Jeff Eugenides
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts
- Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
- MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
- Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan 
- The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
-Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

(Crazy enough I think all these books are about love/marriage. Ironically everyone I know is in love and getting married...hmm)

These are just a few I found but, any recommendations from you guys would be great!

But I'm keeping this post short because the weather is so nice outside so I'll be spending this spring day outside! 

-The Plaid Princess

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy Emily Giffins' books - they're fun and easy reads. "Something Borrowed" is my favourite of her novels. "Eat, Pray, Love" is wonderful. I really enjoyed it. I'm actually reading "Girls in White Dresses" for my book club so I'll have to let you know about that one!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get on Goodreads! It's a social media site just for reading, and you can keep track of your progress in books and find more books to read. I haven't read any of these, but I've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Pride and Prejudice is a favorite of yours! I'm actually currently reading that book and I love it so far!! :)

    Water for Elephants is a beautiful book, really moving. The movie is fantastic too!

    Xoxo,
    Vina
    theprettyinprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love water for elephants, and the something borrowed series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was The Marriage Plot? I need a new book for my vacation!

    I recommend Defending Jacob and Gone Girl...two great page-turner, murder mystery/thrillers.

    -Lauren
    www.prettypiecesblog.com

    ReplyDelete