Friday, April 3, 2015

Book Review

Hello my lovely friends!
I have a great book review for y'all


I would recommend this book for all Jane Austen, Bronte sisters, or any other classic british romance novelist... lover! It is a modern setting (which I normally do not read) but, any book lover (or person with a heart) will absolutely love the story.

Without giving too much away I will give a short summary: The books takes place in modern day Chicago, the main character Samantha Moore has had her fair share of a "tough" life (I wanted to reach through the book and just hug her at times) but, through it all she connects with others and the outside world through her books, in other words she finds herself letting Jane Austen do much of her talking, which if you can pick up on her quotations, you will find yourself laughing and (sometimes crying) along with Sam. It was fun to join Sam on her journey of finding faith, happiness, and family. 

I personally love how Katherine Reay adds in Faith, it is a beautiful slow journey to see Sam open up her heart to God. Being 22 years old sometimes I can let life get in the way, and sometimes I connivence myself that I am too busy for my faith, this book was a great way for me to reconnect and thank God for all the blessings in my life.

I absolutely adored this book, I sat down and read it in ONE day! A few hours honestly, it was so good I couldn't put it down. That was one Sunday that was definitely not wasted... 

Katherine Reay has another book, Lizzy & Jane, I'm sure a review will pop on here for that book soon! What are some books y'all are loving? Leave me some recommendations :)




No comments:

Post a Comment